Old 07-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default More current version of bluez

Centos continues to fall behind in with the state of bluetooth development.

Nothing new from 5.1 to 5.2.

Has anyone got a more recent version working and have compile and rpm
build instructions?

Here are the rpms that I have:

bluez-gnome-0.5-5.fc6.i386.rpm
bluez-hcidump-1.32-1.i386.rpm
bluez-libs-3.7-1.i386.rpm
bluez-utils-3.7-2.el5.centos.i386.rpm
bluez-utils-cups-3.7-2.el5.centos.i386.rpm
gnome-bluetooth-0.7.0-10.2.el5.i386.rpm
gnome-bluetooth-libs-0.7.0-10.2.el5.i386.rpm

Old 07-14-2008, 07:18 PM
"Jim Perrin"

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@htt-consult.com> wrote:
> Centos continues to fall behind in with the state of bluetooth development.

Well, what do you want? A bleeding edge distro with a few months of
life expectancy, or a stable, tested distro with a long shelf-life?

You can't have both.

George Orwell

Old 07-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Scott Silva

on 7-14-2008 12:04 PM Robert Moskowitz spake the following:

Centos continues to fall behind in with the state of bluetooth development.

Nothing new from 5.1 to 5.2.

Has anyone got a more recent version working and have compile and rpm
build instructions?

Here are the rpms that I have:

bluez-gnome-0.5-5.fc6.i386.rpm
bluez-hcidump-1.32-1.i386.rpm
bluez-libs-3.7-1.i386.rpm
bluez-utils-3.7-2.el5.centos.i386.rpm
bluez-utils-cups-3.7-2.el5.centos.i386.rpm
gnome-bluetooth-0.7.0-10.2.el5.i386.rpm
gnome-bluetooth-libs-0.7.0-10.2.el5.i386.rpm
If you want latest and greatest, an enterprise linux probably will not suit
you. It would be like buying a Volvo because they are reliable, then
constantly adding aftermarket parts to the engine.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Old 07-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Scott Silva wrote:

on 7-14-2008 12:04 PM Robert Moskowitz spake the following:
Centos continues to fall behind in with the state of bluetooth
development.

Nothing new from 5.1 to 5.2.

Has anyone got a more recent version working and have compile and rpm
build instructions?

Here are the rpms that I have:

bluez-gnome-0.5-5.fc6.i386.rpm
bluez-hcidump-1.32-1.i386.rpm
bluez-libs-3.7-1.i386.rpm
bluez-utils-3.7-2.el5.centos.i386.rpm
bluez-utils-cups-3.7-2.el5.centos.i386.rpm
gnome-bluetooth-0.7.0-10.2.el5.i386.rpm
gnome-bluetooth-libs-0.7.0-10.2.el5.i386.rpm
If you want latest and greatest, an enterprise linux probably will not
suit you. It would be like buying a Volvo because they are reliable,
then constantly adding aftermarket parts to the engine.
There is probably a stable version from a year ago or so that would
provide a lot more functionality. The bluez-user list was discussing
3.14 last year.

Of course to make this even more fun, if you do a man pand, there is
text covering a /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up script. No /etc/bluetooth/pan
directory on any of my Centos builds.

So I have pand running, but then how do I bring the interface up? Well
I hope to do some things with pand tonight after the 802 sessions for
the day.

Oh, and as far as stable and backleveled.... I work on IEEE 802
standards. It takes us YEARS these days to get a standard out. And
all we do is 'put ink on paper'. Well time to focus in on the week's
announcements. Oh, such fun!