Old 07-14-2008, 02:25 PM
"Bo Lynch"

Default Package question

I am trying to install phpBB forum on version 5.2. It requires that I have
imagemagick and gd graphics support. What rpm packages provide these. I
have tried a yum install ImageMagicK with yum responding nothing todo. Is
imageMagicK not available with 5.2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Bo Lynch

Old 07-14-2008, 02:39 PM
"Bo Lynch"

On Mon, July 14, 2008 10:25 am, Bo Lynch wrote:
> I am trying to install phpBB forum on version 5.2. It requires that I have
> imagemagick and gd graphics support. What rpm packages provide these. I
> have tried a yum install ImageMagicK with yum responding nothing todo. Is
> imageMagicK not available with 5.2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> --
> Bo Lynch

Sorry about that. Dumb mistake on my part. I was doing a yum install
ImageMagicK with a capital K. Sorry about that.
Bo

Old 07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Craig White

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 10:25 -0400, Bo Lynch wrote:
> I am trying to install phpBB forum on version 5.2. It requires that I have
> imagemagick and gd graphics support. What rpm packages provide these. I
> have tried a yum install ImageMagicK with yum responding nothing todo. Is
> imageMagicK not available with 5.2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
----
yum install ImageMagick php-gd

Craig

Old 07-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Hywel Richards

I think you just need to change the capital K at the end to a small k.

Try:
yum install ImageMagick

It looks like it is in the base repository:

================================================== ===========================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
================================================== ===========================
Installing:
ImageMagick i386 6.2.8.0-4.el5_1.1 base
3.3 M

Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Dag Wieers

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Hywel Richards wrote:

Bo Lynch wrote:

I am trying to install phpBB forum on version 5.2. It requires that I have
imagemagick and gd graphics support. What rpm packages provide these. I
have tried a yum install ImageMagicK with yum responding nothing todo. Is
imageMagicK not available with 5.2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you just need to change the capital K at the end to a small k.

Try:
yum install ImageMagick

It looks like it is in the base repository:

Package Arch Version Repository Size
Installing:
ImageMagick i386 6.2.8.0-4.el5_1.1 base 3.3 M

Oh, the joy of having spend countless of hours in the past to make the
Fedora project understand that we are better off with lowercase package
names.

But no, they prefer whatever wicked idea pops into upstream's head. And
even then have a hard time being consistent. Sigh...