Old 07-13-2008, 05:46 AM
"Ed Donahue"

Default screen command

Anyone know which rpm give you the screen command?

Or tell me how to figure this out on my own :-)

Ed

Old 07-13-2008, 05:49 AM
Ray Van Dolson

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 01:46:20AM -0400, Ed Donahue wrote:
> Anyone know which rpm give you the screen command?
>
> Or tell me how to figure this out on my own :-)

screen

yum provides /usr/bin/screen

Ray

Old 07-13-2008, 05:52 AM
John R Pierce

Ed Donahue wrote:

Anyone know which rpm give you the screen command?

Or tell me how to figure this out on my own :-)

# rpm -qf `which screen`
screen-4.0.3-1.el5

Old 07-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Ralph Angenendt

John R Pierce wrote:
> Ed Donahue wrote:
>> Anyone know which rpm give you the screen command?
>>
>> Or tell me how to figure this out on my own :-)
>
> # rpm -qf `which screen`
> screen-4.0.3-1.el5

Is that the hen or the egg? >

yum list "*screen*" or yum provides "*screen*" should show the rpm if it
isn't installed ...

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 07-13-2008, 10:16 AM
D Steward

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 01:46 -0400, Ed Donahue wrote:
> Anyone know which rpm give you the screen command?
>
> Or tell me how to figure this out on my own :-)
>
> Ed

Just going off on a slight tangent here, but to add to that which others
have said, if you want to search for information/tutorials/documentation
on 'screen' with google, you'll need to search using 'GNU screen'

Old 07-13-2008, 12:35 PM
David Mackintosh

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 01:46:20AM -0400, Ed Donahue wrote:
> Anyone know which rpm give you the screen command?
>
> Or tell me how to figure this out on my own :-)

# yum install screen

It will tell you what it wants to download and install before it does it.

--
/oo/
/ /() David Mackintosh |