FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-12-2008, 12:37 PM
"Mag Gam"
 
Default make rpm for kernel

I am compiling a custom kernel. When I do a make oldconfig, and then
make rpm, I get a kernel rpm. The problem is I am not getting the
initrd image. Is this normal?

TIA
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 07-12-2008, 12:42 PM
"Akemi Yagi"
 
Default make rpm for kernel

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 5:37 AM, Mag Gam <magawake@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am compiling a custom kernel. When I do a make oldconfig, and then
> make rpm, I get a kernel rpm. The problem is I am not getting the
> initrd image. Is this normal?

Please try following this wiki:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

and do it CentOS way.

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 07-12-2008, 12:57 PM
"Mag Gam"
 
Default make rpm for kernel

Thanks

Actually, I am using Redhat distribution. I though CentOS would be
very similar to Redhat's kernel build.

TIA


On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 5:37 AM, Mag Gam <magawake@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am compiling a custom kernel. When I do a make oldconfig, and then
>> make rpm, I get a kernel rpm. The problem is I am not getting the
>> initrd image. Is this normal?
>
> Please try following this wiki:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel
>
> and do it CentOS way.
>
> Akemi
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 07-12-2008, 01:17 PM
"Akemi Yagi"
 
Default make rpm for kernel

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 5:57 AM, Mag Gam <magawake@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks
>
> Actually, I am using Redhat distribution. I though CentOS would be
> very similar to Redhat's kernel build.
>
> TIA
>
>
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 5:37 AM, Mag Gam <magawake@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am compiling a custom kernel. When I do a make oldconfig, and then
>>> make rpm, I get a kernel rpm. The problem is I am not getting the
>>> initrd image. Is this normal?
>>
>> Please try following this wiki:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel
>>
>> and do it CentOS way.

Or see post #2 of:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14385&forum=37

for some "rpm" hint.

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:20 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org