Old 07-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Ian Blackwell

Default OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com whenbrowsing web?

Lanny Marcus wrote:

On 7/10/08, Dennis McLeod <dmcleod@foranyauto.com> wrote:

IPCOP here. Use it for Masq, dhcp, NAT, time, Transparent Webfiltering via
URLFilter plugin (and automatic blacklist downloads) and banned internal MAC
addresses (our inside machines) via advancedproxy plugin, and more.....
It's on our public access wifi network with a dedicated DSL connection. Been
up for 2 years.
It's on an old IBM Netvista SFF Celeron 900 with 512M of ram.
I'm gonna build one at home, cause my kids are getting to the age....
Dennis

Great. I have IPCop running on a Pentium 233 MMX box with 64 MB of
RAM. It's our oldest box and it does the job for our house. :-)

IPCop here too - since 2004 - with a full Blue, Orange, Green and Red
configuration (CentOS in Orange for email/web etc).* I too used a
really old P200 with about 96Mb RAM.* It will work OK on that hardware
- as it does on yours - but you just can't get it to do the extra stuff
- e.g. CopFilter, Snort, etc.* I've just updated to an AMD Athlon XP
1700+ with 512Mb of RAM and I can now run all the cool add-ons I
couldn't before.

Ian