Old 07-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Mike Langlie

Default F10 theme: Spectrum

Here's an idea. Forgive my poor wiki formatting.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/spectrum

Mike

Old 07-11-2008, 10:19 PM
inode0

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Mike Langlie <mlanglie@redhat.com> wrote:
> Here's an idea. Forgive my poor wiki formatting.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/spectrum

Mike, I love the beginning of your theme. In fact, I think all the
suggested themes this round are very exciting. It is going to be a
really hard decision for F10!

John

Old 07-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Martin Sourada

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 18:13 -0400, Mike Langlie wrote:
> Here's an idea. Forgive my poor wiki formatting.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/spectrum
>
> Mike

This idea is really good! So far, for me, this seems to be the best
concept for the F10 themes (though this time there are a lot of
interesting concepts already, the "battle" will be really tough this
time :-D). The Fedora logo is a no-no for the final wallpaper, though it
can be present in the supporting graphics (anaconda, firstboot...) so
I'd like to see one without the logo as well ;-)

As for the wiki - it could have more than just the images. Like some
thoughts behind the idea and such. About the formatting - perhaps
someone with better knowledge of MediaWiki might help (I am a total
beginner in this area as well, MoinMoin seemed more friendly to me :-D)?

Martin

Old 07-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Ian Weller

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Martin Sourada wrote:

As for the wiki - it could have more than just the images. Like some
thoughts behind the idea and such. About the formatting - perhaps
someone with better knowledge of MediaWiki might help (I am a total
beginner in this area as well, MoinMoin seemed more friendly to me :-D)?

I just switched it to use the <gallery> tag. Enjoy.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller@gmail.com> http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint: E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226 B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36

Old 07-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Ian Weller

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Mike Langlie wrote:

Here's an idea. Forgive my poor wiki formatting.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/spectrum

This is very nice! I would love having this on my desktop for Fedora 10

I'd recommend putting up PNGs and source files, however (preferrably XCF
or SVG).

Old 07-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Mike!

Mike Langlie wrote:

Here's an idea. Forgive my poor wiki formatting.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/spectrum

These look great!

Can you make the sources available so others can play around with it?

Thanks,
~m

Old 07-12-2008, 03:11 AM
Mike Langlie

Thanks for the feedback and wiki help.
I want to do a second version and hopefully get closer to what I have in
mind.

I'm having no luck uploading a layered GIMP file from home, very spotty
net connection for some reason.

I'll do it Monday at the latest.

Mike

- - - - -

Old 07-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Stojan Dimitrovski

Oh my god. This is the best theme yet! I hope to see it in Fedora 10.
I also hope that the other versions of the theme will be this good.
Whenever the voting or something like that begins be assured that you
got my vote.

On first hand the flower looked a bit too windowsy, but then again it
isn't that much. Simply loving it!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Nicu Buculei

Stojan Dimitrovski wrote:
Oh my god. This is the best theme yet! I hope to see it in Fedora 10. I
also hope that the other versions of the theme will be this good.
Whenever the voting or something like that begins be assured that you
got my vote.

We don't use here a vote in the classic way. You vote with your work, by
playing with a proposal and sending modifications/alternatives/improvements.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Nicu Buculei

Mike Langlie wrote:

Here's an idea. Forgive my poor wiki formatting.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/spectrum

Mike, care to add your proposal page to the list of submissions?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes#List_of_Submissions