Old 07-11-2008, 09:14 PM
"Filipe Brandenburger"

Default Firefox 3 for CentOS 4

Hi,

I'm trying to make Firefox 3 work in CentOS 4.

So far I was able to do it by installing the evolution28-* rpms, which
have a more recent GTK, Cairo, Pango, etc. With those libs installed
and configured, Firefox 3 from mozilla.org works fine.

The only thing is that it doesn't use the "Bluecurve" theme as the
other applications do. I was seeing that the evolution28-* packages
use themes under /usr/evolution28/share/themes instead of the default
/usr/share/themes. I can copy the bluecurve theme there, but the
libbluecurve.so that actually themes the widgets is missing. I tried
to make it work with one from CentOS 5, but with no luck.

So I'm wondering. Has anyone made those evolution28-* libs work with
themes other than the ones included?

Or, going through another easier route: has anyone made Firefox 3 work
well on CentOS 4? How?

I know Firefox 3 is supposed to be released on RHEL 4.7 so, is there
already any SRPM from RedHat I could use?

Thanks!
Filipe

Old 07-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Johnny Hughes

Filipe Brandenburger wrote:

[...]

well ... it is not just one RPM, it is several. The whole mess is
built with different gcc and glibc versions than released now ... so i
would recommend waiting for the 4.7 version and not the 4.7 beta version.