-   -   Multiple LVM snapshots (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/122930-multiple-lvm-snapshots.html)

"Raja Subramanian" 07-11-2008 09:53 AM

Multiple LVM snapshots

I have a Centos 5.2 fileserver running LVM2, ext3 and Samba. I want to
periodically snapshot a filesystem and offer them as read only backups
to my users. I'm looking for something similar to what's available on
Netapp filers.

I am successfully able to create snapshots using LVM. But are there
any performance issues in having multiple snapshots of the same
filesystem at the same time?

Is there any other way i can offer filesystem snapshots to my users?

Thanks for any guidance!

- Raja