Old 07-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Ruslan Sivak

Default CentOS 5.2 VMI support

I'm using VMWare Server 2 RC1 to on top of CentOS 5.2 x86_64 running a
CentOS 5.2 i386 guest. I have enabled VMI in VMware, so I guess it
won't let me install if VMI wasn't available in the kernel? How do I
know whether VMI is supported/enabled and what performance benefits can
I expect from it? I'm still not getting full hard drive speeds (only
getting about 1/3 when using hdparm -t ).

Russ