Old 12-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default HELP! Group info problem

I just tried an install from my local repo (boot from CD 1, use http
method), and it failed right after entering the root password setting with:

Unable to read group information from repositories.
This is a problem with the generation of your install tree.

Reboot

So now what? Is there something I can just extract from the isos?
(remember I did that rsync).

Is this caused by running createrepo after I copied the CDs, and before
I did the rsync -r (so perhaps my tree info files are newer than those
on mirror.centos.org)?

HELP?

Old 12-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Mark Pryor

--- Robert Moskowitz <rgm@htt-consult.com> wrote:

> I just tried an install from my local repo (boot
> from CD 1, use http
> method), and it failed right after entering the root
> password setting with:
>
> Unable to read group information from repositories.
> This is a problem with the generation of your
> install tree.
>
> Reboot
>

> So now what? Is there something I can just extract
> from the isos?

Robert,

#cd /pathtorepo/5/i386
#createrepo -g ./repodata/comps.xml ./

#cd ../x86_64/
#createrepo -g ./repodata/comps.xml ./

the -g param will setup group data for your repo.
This works for me -- adjust the $releasever (mycase=5)
for your repo.

--
Mark

my C5 repo with the latest RequestTracker
http://www.tlviewer.org/centos/

Old 12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Robert Moskowitz

thanks

Mark Pryor wrote:

--- Robert Moskowitz <rgm@htt-consult.com> wrote:

I just tried an install from my local repo (boot
from CD 1, use http
method), and it failed right after entering the root

password setting with:

Unable to read group information from repositories.
This is a problem with the generation of your
install tree.

Reboot

So now what? Is there something I can just extract
from the isos?

Robert,

#cd /pathtorepo/5/i386
#createrepo -g ./repodata/comps.xml ./

I did this and it ended with:

Could not remove old metadata dir: .olddata
Error was [Errno 39] Directory not empty:
'/repos/centos/5.1/os/i386/.olddata'

Please clean up this directory manually.

#cd ../x86_64/
#createrepo -g ./repodata/comps.xml ./

I did not build the x86_64 tree.

the -g param will setup group data for your repo.
This works for me -- adjust the $releasever (mycase=5)
for your repo.

OK, where is this #releasever set?