Old 07-10-2008, 11:34 AM
"Tolun ARDAHANLI"

Default How can I automate random bytes generation for CENTOS 5.2?

I want that every time the random bytes are prepared and waiting for use for gpg.

thanks....

2008/7/10 William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill@triad.rr.com>:

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 13:56 +0300, Tolun ARDAHANLI wrote:

> Hi;

> I want to automatize random bytes generation for gpg. Cause it takes

> too much time for creating a key.

> What should I do?

> I have Centos5.2+Atmail e-mail server.

> Thanks a lot...

"man sslrand"?

> <snip>

HTH

--

Bill

Tolun ARDAHANLI
Bilgisayar Muhendisi
E-posta:tolun.ardahanli@linux.org.tr
Icq:326600

Old 07-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Tolun ARDAHANLI wrote:
> I want that every time the random bytes are prepared and waiting for use for
> gpg.

How often do you create a new gpg key?

And please trim your mails.

Ralph

Old 07-10-2008, 11:47 AM
"Tolun ARDAHANLI"

It can be created every second... Cause we do not know when the users want to create these own keys...

Old 07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Tolun ARDAHANLI wrote:
> It can be created every second... Cause we do not know when the users want
> to create these own keys...

Then they have to wait - or look why your system doesn't have a big
enough entropy pool.

What does cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail say?

You need a enough "randomness" to create gpg keys.

Ralph

Old 07-10-2008, 05:33 PM
"Tolun ARDAHANLI"

2008/7/10 Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de>:

Tolun ARDAHANLI wrote:

> It can be created every second... Cause we do not know when the users want

> to create these own keys...

Then they have to wait - or look why your system doesn't have a big

enough entropy pool.

What does cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail say?

it says only number which is* 36

You need a enough "randomness" to create gpg keys.

Yes!!! But how can do my server itself?