-   -   Java Setup (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/122172-java-setup.html)

Clint Dilks 07-10-2008 02:31 AM

Java Setup

Clint Dilks wrote:

Hi People

I have been following the instructions here
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/JavaOnCentOS but trying to modify them
for jdk-6u7-linux-amd64.rpm but there doesn't see to be a compatible
java-1.6.0-sun-compat-*.rpm. Does one exist ?

If not can anyone point me to some documentation on how I can manually
set up things so alternatives will work allowing multiple Java versions.

Thanks

As a follow up to this I have removed the link /usr/bin/java and done
/usr/sbin/alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java
/usr/java/default/bin/java 1 the one downside to this is that it doesn't
give a indication of what version it is. Am I better to use the binaary
installs and then configure alternatives ?

R P Herrold 07-10-2008 05:26 PM

Java Setup