Old 07-09-2008, 02:37 PM
lingu

Default Centos4 audio problem

Hi,

** I am running centos4u5 on dell precision m4300 laptop. I installed vlc player and i am able to watch the videos,but i am not able to hear audio.when i do system-config-soundcard i am getting the below error.

system-config-soundcard
Wrong card index 0...
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1207_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
aplay: main:550: audio open error: No such device

* My installed kernel and alsa rpm are

uname -a
Linux demo.xxx.com 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 17:03:35 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

rpm -qa |grep alsa
alsa-driver-1.0.15-63.el4
alsa-lib-1.0.15-33.el4

alsa-lib-devel-1.0.15-33.el4
alsa-utils-1.0.13-22.el4.at

*Kindly tell me how to troubleshoot and make audio up and running on my centos box.