Old 07-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Johnny Hughes

Default NOW: Firefox 3.0 and GNOME crash when trying to view SME Server documentation WAS: OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com when browsing web?

<snip>

Jul 8 21:17:05 dell2400 restorecond: Will not restore a file with
more than one hard link (/etc/resolv.conf) No such file or directory

<snip>

The above MIGHT be related to your other thread ... if there is an issue
with the /etc/resolv.conf file, there will be a problem with name lookups.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Johnny Hughes

<snip>

OK, I can verify that for me (CentOS-5.2 updated,
Firefox-3.0-2.el5.centos) this link:

http://wiki.contribs.org/SME_Serverocumentation:Administration_Manual:Boo klet

Causes X to crash.

I can replicate it every time I try with Firefox under CentOS 5, but it
works fine with Konqueror. An EeePC and a laptop running Ubuntu don't
have any problems accessing this page with Firefox.

<snip>

These are the relevant log entries (I think)

Jul 8 21:17:06 dell2400 gconfd (lanny-3906): Received signal 15,
shutting down cleanly
Jul 8 21:17:06 dell2400 gconfd (lanny-3906): Exiting

Can some on with RHEL-5.2 try that link and see if it causes a similar
issue in RHEL-5?

Old 07-09-2008, 11:19 AM
"William L. Maltby"

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 06:56 -0400, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> <snip>
>
> OK, I can verify that for me (CentOS-5.2 updated,
> Firefox-3.0-2.el5.centos) this link:
>
> http://wiki.contribs.org/SME_Serverocumentation:Administration_Manual:Boo klet
>
> Causes X to crash.
>
> >> I can replicate it every time I try with Firefox under CentOS 5, but it
> >> works fine with Konqueror. An EeePC and a laptop running Ubuntu don't
> >> have any problems accessing this page with Firefox.
>
> <snip>
>
> These are the relevant log entries (I think)
>
> > Jul 8 21:17:06 dell2400 gconfd (lanny-3906): Received signal 15,
> > shutting down cleanly
> > Jul 8 21:17:06 dell2400 gconfd (lanny-3906): Exiting
>
> Can some on with RHEL-5.2 try that link and see if it causes a similar
> issue in RHEL-5?

Crashed X like a powerless Lear Jet - glides like a homesick brick.

> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--
Bill

Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 AM
"William L. Maltby"

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 06:39 -0400, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Jul 8 21:17:05 dell2400 restorecond: Will not restore a file with
> more than one hard link (/etc/resolv.conf) No such file or directory
>
> <snip>
>
> The above MIGHT be related to your other thread ... if there is an issue
> with the /etc/resolv.conf file, there will be a problem with name lookups.

I get this all the time

Jul 9 07:16:43 centos501 restorecond: Will not restore a file with more
than one hard link (/etc/resolv.conf) No such file or directory

Never bothered to investigate yet, no other symptoms indicating
"brokeness".

--
Bill