Old 07-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Nicholas

Default USB not detected after update

Hi all,

currently on a lenovo R60, after upgrading the CentOS 5.1 I cant detect
the USB device any more. The initial installation doesnt have any
problems at all. Cannot find solution in forums and bugs either. I am
not sure if its a bug or wrongly did an update. The lsusb did not show
the device.

Things I did:

(1) updated to 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5 i686
then to 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5 i686
and here are some of the settings after update

(2) Ran lsmod
ehci_hcd 33101 0
ohci_hcd 23261 0
uhci_hcd 25421 0

(3) Ran cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0 CPU1
0: 204299 0 IO-APIC-edge timer

1: 208 0 IO-APIC-edge i8042
2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
8: 1 0 IO-APIC-edge rtc
11: 2 0 IO-APIC-edge ehci_hcd:usb1, uhci_hcd:usb2,
uhci_hcd:usb3, uhci_hcd:usb4, uhci_hcd:usb5, HDA Intel,
i915@pci:0000:00:02.0

12: 4782 3521 IO-APIC-edge i8042
14: 6429 11429 IO-APIC-edge libata
15: 27 1370 IO-APIC-edge ide1
209: 27 2661 PCI-MSI eth0
NMI: 0 0
LOC: 204143 204151
ERR: 0
MIS: 0

(4) When I plug in usb disk, the /var/log/messages shows

Jul 9 12:35:01 localhost kernel: usb 5-2: new high speed USB device
using ehci_hcd and address 2
Jul 9 12:35:02 localhost kernel: ehci_hcd 0000:00:1d.7: Unlink after
no-IRQ? Controller is probably using the wrong IRQ.
Jul 9 12:35:12 localhost kernel: usb 5-2: device not accepting address
2, error -110

(5) checked blacklist file, no usb devices like the ehci

Before going into CentOS 5.2, I need to verify what is the problem and
if it will occur again.

Any help on this?

---

Join OSCC MAMPU Mailing Lists