Old 07-09-2008, 04:56 AM
Robert Nichols

Default Total lockup caused by Shift-{print screen}

I just had the misfortune to press Shift-{print screen} accidentally
while in a Gnome desktop, and the result was a completely unresponsive
system where the only recovery was a power switch initiated shutdown.
Further investigation shows the runaway creation of gnome-screenshot
processes.

System is CentOS 5.2 fully updated on an Intel i686.

Suggestions about what component should receive the bugzilla report
are welcome.

Do NOT delete it.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Robert Nichols wrote:
> System is CentOS 5.2 fully updated on an Intel i686.
>
> Suggestions about what component should receive the bugzilla report
> are welcome.

Are you able to recreate it? It happened to me once, I've never seen the
issue again after that.

Ralph

Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Robert Nichols

Ralph Angenendt wrote:

Robert Nichols wrote:

System is CentOS 5.2 fully updated on an Intel i686.

Suggestions about what component should receive the bugzilla report
are welcome.

Are you able to recreate it? It happened to me once, I've never seen the
issue again after that.

Ralph

100% repeatable on two different machines.

Do NOT delete it.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Robert Nichols

Robert Nichols wrote:

I just had the misfortune to press Shift-{print screen} accidentally
while in a Gnome desktop, and the result was a completely unresponsive
system where the only recovery was a power switch initiated shutdown.
Further investigation shows the runaway creation of gnome-screenshot
processes.

System is CentOS 5.2 fully updated on an Intel i686.

Suggestions about what component should receive the bugzilla report
are welcome.

I've opened bugzilla report #0002971 against metacity, since that appears
to be what interprets the {print screen} key.

Do NOT delete it.