Old 07-08-2008, 12:42 PM
"Mário Gamito"

Default CentOS mount doesn't support smbfs type ?

Hi,

I'm trying to mount a Windows folder from a Linux box with the command:

# mount -t smbfs (...)

but I get the error:

"mount: unknown filesystem type 'smbfs'".

Does this mean that CentOS mount doesn't support smbfs type ?
If so, how can I enable it ?

I'm using 5.1

Any help would be appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito

Old 07-08-2008, 12:56 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>Any help would be appreciated.

I think you need samba-client, then you use #mount -t cifs

jlc

Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Brian

Mário Gamito wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to mount a Windows folder from a Linux box with the command:

# mount -t smbfs (...)

but I get the error:

"mount: unknown filesystem type 'smbfs'".

Does this mean that CentOS mount doesn't support smbfs type ?
If so, how can I enable it ?

I'm using 5.1

Any help would be appreciated.

From the wiki

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/WindowsShares

hth

Old 07-08-2008, 01:41 PM
"John"

That would be now mount -t cifs /dev/null

JohnStanley