Old 07-08-2008, 04:06 AM
Gavin Carr

Default Firebug 1.2.0b4 for FF3

The current beta version of Firebug doesn't appear to install on
Firefox 3 on CentOS 5.2, apparently because it's reporting itself as
3.0b5 rather 3.0. I tweaked the minVersion requirement in the xpi to
3.0b5 and it seems to be working fine for me now.

In case anyone else is interested in testing it, my tweaked version is
available here:

http://www.openfusion.com.au/labs/dist/firebug-1.2.0b4-fx.xpi

If it turns out to be stable we might be able to convince the firebug
team to relax the minVersion requirement for us CentOS users.

Cheers,
Gavin

Old 07-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Johnny Hughes

Gavin Carr wrote:
The current beta version of Firebug doesn't appear to install on
Firefox 3 on CentOS 5.2, apparently because it's reporting itself as
3.0b5 rather 3.0. I tweaked the minVersion requirement in the xpi to
3.0b5 and it seems to be working fine for me now.

In case anyone else is interested in testing it, my tweaked version is
available here:

http://www.openfusion.com.au/labs/dist/firebug-1.2.0b4-fx.xpi

If it turns out to be stable we might be able to convince the firebug
team to relax the minVersion requirement for us CentOS users.

The new version of Firefox is not 3.0b5, but 3.0-2 ... it should work if
you upgrade.