Old 07-07-2008, 02:09 PM
"James B. Byrne"

Default Help with gnome terminal

I am experiencing a problem with gnome terminal, most likely caused by
something that I have done and which I need to undo.

The problem is that somehow the gnome configuration has been changed so
that the "Contents" menu item under "Help" in Gnome Terminal has the
character "space" mapped as a keyboard accelerator. I would prefer that
this be mapped to just about anything else, in fact, nothing at all would
be best.

I have gone to system/preferences/keyboard shortcuts/ and it indicates
that "Launch Help Browser" is mapped to F1. There does not seem to be any
other entry therein relating to help. How do I set this to a benign value
or return gnome terminal to its default settings?

*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241
Hamilton, Ontario fax: +1 905 561 0757
Canada L8E 3C3