Old 07-07-2008, 09:54 AM
"Herta Van den Eynde"

Default "installation method" (CentOS 5.2)

I'm trying to install CentOS 5.2 on a Dell PE 1850 via the DRAC 4
card, with CentOS-5.2-i386-bin-1of6.iso mounted as virtual media. At
the boot prompt, I hit <Enter>, which should start the graphical
installation, but it starts off with a text installation. I am asked
- whether I want to test the media, which I skip
- what language I want to use - I select English
- what keyboard I have - I select us
- the installation method - "What type of media conatins the packages
to be installed?"
I have the choice between
- Local CDROM
- Hard drive
- NFS image
- FTP
- HTTP
but not virtual CDROM.

How can I get it to install from the virtual CDROM? (and no, choosing
Local CDROM doesn't work).

Why is the question there in the first place? It got that far using
the virtual media, so why not simply continue using it?

Kind regards,

Herta

P.S. CentOS 5.1 doesn't have this issue, but I just erased the 5.1
isos, so I'm hoping that I won't need to reload them all.
--
"Life on Earth may be expensive,
but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."