Old 07-06-2008, 01:52 PM
"David Hláčik"

Default how to generate modprobe.conf

Hello, i have moved hard disk from one pc to another (some architecture). I have booted, everything working. To my surprise some modules in modprobes.conf are still there even if this PC does not have such hardware. I have tried remove modprobe.conf, but after reboot, system by it self does not generate a new one modprobe.conf. What is responsible for modprobe.conf generation, how can i revoke it to generate a modprobe.conf such as is generated after fresh install.

Thanks in advance!

David

Old 07-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Ralph Angenendt

David Hláčik wrote:
> Hello, i have moved hard disk from one pc to another (some architecture). I
> have booted, everything working. To my surprise some modules in
> modprobes.conf are still there even if this PC does not have such hardware.
> I have tried remove modprobe.conf, but after reboot, system by it self does
> not generate a new one modprobe.conf. What is responsible for modprobe.conf
> generation, how can i revoke it to generate a modprobe.conf such as is
> generated after fresh install.

Run kudzu.

Ralph