Old 07-06-2008, 04:13 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default i386 version of Perl getting installed on x64 system?

I am trying to install:

perl-Compress-Zlib
perl-Digest-Perl-MD5
perl-Net-DNS
perl-Time-HiRes
perl-Email-Valid
perl-File-ReadBackwards
perl-File-Scan-ClamAV
perl-Mail-SPF-Query
perl-libwww-perl
perl-LDAP
perl-Unix-Syslog
perl-Mail-SRS
perl-Net-CIDR-Lite
perl-Mail-SPF

which are all either noarch or x86_64 rpms yet it wants to install perl i386 version?
I could ask on rf list but it wont let me subscribe so that's of no help:/

Is there an obvious reason for this, or another bizarre erroneous dependency issue?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 07-06-2008, 04:28 AM
Ray Van Dolson

On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 10:13:46PM -0600, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I am trying to install:
>
> perl-Compress-Zlib
> perl-Digest-Perl-MD5
> perl-Net-DNS
> perl-Time-HiRes
> perl-Email-Valid
> perl-File-ReadBackwards
> perl-File-Scan-ClamAV
> perl-Mail-SPF-Query
> perl-libwww-perl
> perl-LDAP
> perl-Unix-Syslog
> perl-Mail-SRS
> perl-Net-CIDR-Lite
> perl-Mail-SPF
>
> which are all either noarch or x86_64 rpms yet it wants to install perl i386 version?
> I could ask on rf list but it wont let me subscribe so that's of no help:/
>
> Is there an obvious reason for this, or another bizarre erroneous dependency issue?

Can you identify which one of these packages individually is requiring
the 32-bit perl? In other words, can you install perl-LDAP without it
wanting to pull in the 32-bit perl? Same for all of them...

You can also do an rpm -q -R -p <rpm> on the .rpm file to see what it
requires, but I'm not sure if that will tell us anything particularly
useful.

Have you tried the rpmforge IRC channel?

Ray