Old 07-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Tru Huynh

Default CentOS 5.2 Missing Dependancy

On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 09:09:36AM -0600, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I am trying to install perl-Digest-Perl-MD5 from rf and it is failing suggesting it
^^^
> needs /usr/bin/false. #yum whatprovides "/usr/bin/false" yields nothing.
false in /bin/false on CentOS-5

This is the wrong list for the bug report, even if rpmforge's people are around
It's a rpmforge issue, not CentOS.

Tru

Old 07-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Jay Leafey

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

I am trying to install perl-Digest-Perl-MD5 from rf and it is failing suggesting it
needs /usr/bin/false. #yum whatprovides "/usr/bin/false" yields nothing.

My CentOS 5.1 machines don't have this, and this is the same list of yum install
items I always use when setting up assp.

Any idea what to do?

jlc

Wierd, I just confirmed the issue. There is not a /usr/bin/false, but
there IS a /bin/false on a stock 5.2 install. You might check in the
rpmforge forums/list archives for some mention of this problem.

I thought I might be able to symlink /bin/false to /usr/bin/false (a
kludge, I admit) or copy /bin/false to /usr/bin/false, but neither seems
to work for me. Like I said, probably best to check with rpmforge.

Sorry!
--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey@mindless.com

Old 07-05-2008, 03:51 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>Wierd, I just confirmed the issue. There is not a /usr/bin/false, but there IS a /bin/false on a stock 5.2 install. You might check in the >rpmforge forums/list archives for some mention of this problem.
>
>I thought I might be able to symlink /bin/false to /usr/bin/false (a kludge, I admit) or copy /bin/false to /usr/bin/false, but neither seems to >work for me. Like I said, probably best to check with rpmforge.
>
>Sorry!

Hrm, anyone know a way to get a hold of the listadmin, the posted email yields no reply. I cant subscribe...
Thanks,
jlc