Old 07-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Back to my Xwindows kernel panic

I have a newly built drive with 5.2 fresh install (that I will be
cloning shortly) in my DECtop and it is failing with X the same way the
upgrade from 5.1 drive did (not too supprising there).

In 5.1 X worked. I could startx from init 3 and get into GNOME. Also
VNC into the box and have a GNOME screen. With 5.2, I get a kernel
panic. Well I guess it is a kernel panic because once I run startx from
the console, my SSH session to the box from my notebook is frozen.