Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/)
-   -   video-display sketches (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/118616-video-display-sketches.html)

Luya Tshimbalanga 07-04-2008 03:10 AM

video-display sketches
 
Derived from computer icon. 16x16 is intentionally omitted because it
will be a system-lock-screen
variation. These icons will be the base of other variants such as
resolution. Feedback welcome.


Luya





_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list

Ian Weller 07-04-2008 04:39 AM

video-display sketches
 
Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Derived from computer icon. 16x16 is intentionally omitted because it
> will be a system-lock-screen
> variation. These icons will be the base of other variants such as
> resolution. Feedback welcome.

I enjoy that you (basically) used the Fedora 9 "Waves" wallpaper. ;)

-- ian

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list

Nicu Buculei 07-04-2008 06:00 AM

video-display sketches
 
Ian Weller wrote:

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

Derived from computer icon. 16x16 is intentionally omitted because it
will be a system-lock-screen
variation. These icons will be the base of other variants such as
resolution. Feedback welcome.


I enjoy that you (basically) used the Fedora 9 "Waves" wallpaper. ;)


Yup, +1 for the effort.
But if we aim Echo as a default for F10, F10 will have a different
wallpaper, so maybe is better to stay with something more
release-neutral? (it would be uber-cool to have the real wallpaper for
each release in the icons, but I doubt we will follow this)


--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list

Ian Weller 07-04-2008 06:10 AM

video-display sketches
 
Nicu Buculei wrote:
> But if we aim Echo as a default for F10, F10 will have a different
> wallpaper, so maybe is better to stay with something more
> release-neutral? (it would be uber-cool to have the real wallpaper for
> each release in the icons, but I doubt we will follow this)
>
You could possibly talk to mizmo and see if we can add something like
that to the release cycle.

Then again, it might be a good idea to even keep it distro-neutral, just
in case another distro wants to use our icons.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller@gmail.com> http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint: E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226 B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36
"Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet."
~ Douglas Adams

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list

Nicu Buculei 07-04-2008 06:29 AM

video-display sketches
 
Ian Weller wrote:

Nicu Buculei wrote:

But if we aim Echo as a default for F10, F10 will have a different
wallpaper, so maybe is better to stay with something more
release-neutral? (it would be uber-cool to have the real wallpaper for
each release in the icons, but I doubt we will follow this)


You could possibly talk to mizmo and see if we can add something like
that to the release cycle.


That's not a problem, it is just a formality. The really hard part is to
find an Echo developer willing to keep with this task (and updating not
only this icon but also things like the computer icon which is put on
the default desktop) when we have already tons of icons needed.



Then again, it might be a good idea to even keep it distro-neutral, just
in case another distro wants to use our icons.



--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list

Luya Tshimbalanga 07-04-2008 07:06 AM

video-display sketches
 
Quoting Ian Weller <ianweller@gmail.com>:

> Then again, it might be a good idea to even keep it distro-neutral, just
> in case another distro wants to use our icons.
>


Gentoo and Mandriva already got Echo on their repositories. Apparently, Xubuntu
artwork team are keeping eyes as well.
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2008-June/006275.html

I originally considered to make different version of video-display depending of
distributions, I realized the task will be too much although the source SVG are
available.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Fedora Project contributor
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/LuyaTshimbalanga

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list

Martin Sourada 07-04-2008 07:39 AM

video-display sketches
 
On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 20:10 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Derived from computer icon. 16x16 is intentionally omitted because it
> will be a system-lock-screen
> variation. These icons will be the base of other variants such as
> resolution. Feedback welcome.
>
>
> Luya
>
The 22x22 version could be perhaps more simplified. Overall it looks
good :)

As for the wallpapers, IIRC we'd need to refresh the wallpaper twice a
year for these icons:
* computer
* video-display
* system-lock-screen

and optionally for
* preferences-desktop-wallpaper
* network-workgroup.

Other distros can either keep it, or patch it to include theirs.

Martin
_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.