-   -   Anyone using TCP Connection Passing? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/118606-anyone-using-tcp-connection-passing.html)

"Amos Shapira" 07-04-2008 02:39 AM

Anyone using TCP Connection Passing?

Hello,

We are looking at ways to improve our cluster fail-over and one thing
that we wonder about is the possibility of passing tcp connections
from the primary server to the secondary when the primary dies. I
found tcpcp (http://tcpcp.sourceforge.net/) and tcpcp2
(http://tcpcp2.sourceforge.net/) but they seem to be inactive (last
release was two years ago) and requires also changes in the
application level.

I though that I saw somewhere an implementation of the simple idea of
having the secondary tracking the connections (sort of "shadowing" the
primary) and when the primary disappears it can take over everything.
e.g. the following points to some interesting links:
http://archive.gscept.com/2006/dev/?p=266

Has anyone here got to implement something like this? Our platform is
CentOS 5 x86_64.

Thanks,

--Amos