-   -   redhat-release still 5 Final in CentOS 5.1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/11857-redhat-release-still-5-final-centos-5-1-a.html)

Francesco Camisa 12-04-2007 08:27 AM

redhat-release still 5 Final in CentOS 5.1

The redhat-release file in CentOS 5.1 is the same as in 5.0 I was
wandering if this was deliberate.

Francesco

Francesco Camisa
Direttore Amministrativo
Policlinico San Marco
via Zanotto 40
30173 Mestre-VE

Heitor A. M. Cardozo wrote:

Hi,

A package verification on recently CentOS 5.1 reveals that some
packages is outdated comparing with the 5.0. Here are some examples:

5.0 5.1

tzdata-2007h-1.el5 tzdata-2007d-1.el5
libpng-1.2.10-7.1.el5_0.1 libpng-1.2.10-7.0.2
perl-5.8.8-10.el5_0.2 perl-5.8.8-10

The "updates" directory on CentOS 5.1 repository does not contain the
latest versions of some packages available for 5.0.

Any reason for this or should I just wait for the release of these
updates?

Regards,

Heitor A. M. Cardozo

Ralph Angenendt 12-04-2007 09:07 AM

Francesco Camisa wrote:
> The redhat-release file in CentOS 5.1 is the same as in 5.0 I was wandering
> if this was deliberate.

DO NOT HIJACK THREADS.

<http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2481>

Ralph

Francesco Camisa 12-04-2007 09:34 AM

redhat-release still 5 Final in CentOS 5.1

YOU MIGHT WANT TO DOUBLE-CHECK, THE THREAD WAS BRAND NEW.

Next time maybe you should point that out nicely.

Francesco

Francesco Camisa
Direttore Amministrativo
Policlinico San Marco
via Zanotto 40
30173 Mestre-VE

Tru Huynh 12-04-2007 10:15 AM

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 11:34:33AM +0100, Francesco Camisa wrote:
> YOU MIGHT WANT TO DOUBLE-CHECK, THE THREAD WAS BRAND NEW.

definitely not:

46965 Dec 04 Heitor A. M. Ca ( 23) [CentOS] Outdated packages on 5.1
46966 Dec 04 Francesco Camis ( 43) ##>[CentOS] redhat-release still 5 Final in CentOS 5.1
46967 s Dec 04 Ralph Angenendt ( 49) ##>
46968 Dec 04 Francesco Camis ( 38) ##>

> Next time maybe you should point that out nicely.

Can we stop that now?

Tru

"Bart Schaefer" 12-04-2007 03:38 PM

redhat-release still 5 Final in CentOS 5.1

On Dec 4, 2007 2:34 AM, Francesco Camisa
<francesco.camisa@policlinicosanmarco.it> wrote:
> YOU MIGHT WANT TO DOUBLE-CHECK, THE THREAD WAS BRAND NEW.

Your message had References: and In-Reply-To: headers indicating that
you started the "new" thread by doing a "Reply" operation on an
existing message in another thread. The Subject alone does not a
thread make.

When someone says "do not hijack threads" they mean "do not hit Reply
and then modify the Subject." Sometimes they also/instead mean "don't
change the topic without changing the subject" but usually it's the
Reply thing.

Now that we've had our netiquette and jargon lessons for the day,
let's go back on topic.

Von 12-04-2007 03:52 PM

redhat-release still 5 Final in CentOS 5.1

On Dec 4, 2007 2:34 AM, Francesco Camisa
YOU MIGHT WANT TO DOUBLE-CHECK, THE THREAD WAS BRAND NEW.

Your message had References: and In-Reply-To: headers indicating that
you started the "new" thread by doing a "Reply" operation on an
existing message in another thread. The Subject alone does not a
thread make.

When someone says "do not hijack threads" they mean "do not hit Reply
and then modify the Subject." Sometimes they also/instead mean "don't
change the topic without changing the subject" but usually it's the
Reply thing.

Now that we've had our netiquette and jargon lessons for the day,
let's go back on topic.

Someone buy this man a beer. ;-)