Old 07-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Scott Silva

Default Solved : Yum errors

on 7-3-2008 2:10 PM Scott Silva spake the following:

on 7-3-2008 2:00 PM Karanbir Singh spake the following:

Scott Silva wrote:

Is this the problem ^^^^^
/var/cache/yum/updates/packages exists and has same owner/perms as all
the other dirs in the cache folder, although the double backslash looks
suspicious to me.

you have something quite broken on the machine, check for non centos s/w
installed, and rpm -V check the installed pkgs, specially yum and python
and all the bits they need.

how about drive space / permissions etc ?

I think I have it solved. A backup script was munging a directory in the
yum cache. This run seems to be going without error.

Boy do I feel stoopid!
Working now.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...