Old 07-03-2008, 09:59 PM
"William L. Maltby"

Default CentOS 5.2 vs. Intel 82801 AC'97 Audio

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 14:22 -0700, MHR wrote:
> I have installed 5.2 on my work desktop and everything works perfectly
> EXCEPT the sound device. Here is the relevant lspci line:
>
> 00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM
> (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)
>
> I tried looking in Google (might have been a bad search), but all I
> could find was to add acpi=on to my boot line in grub.conf, and that
> didn't do any good. The volume control shows muted and I can't enable
> it.
>
> What am I missing?

Probably only the very recent postings on this exact subject. But no
solution has been discovered yet.

See the thread starting here.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-July/083517.html

Maybe another pair of eyes will spot something we couldn't yet see.

After the first post, the messages do *slowly* get smaller, but be
prepared.

> Thanks.
>
> mhr
> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--
Bill

Old 07-03-2008, 11:22 PM
MHR

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:59 PM, William L. Maltby
<CentOS4Bill@triad.rr.com> wrote:

> Probably only the very recent postings on this exact subject. But no
> solution has been discovered yet.
>
> See the thread starting here.
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-July/083517.html
>
> Maybe another pair of eyes will spot something we couldn't yet see.
>
> After the first post, the messages do *slowly* get smaller, but be
> prepared.

Yeah, I'm following that one with bated breath, so to speak. I don't
see anything that helps, so far, but I'm looking at everything.

You know us lurkers that poke our heads/mouths out every once in a
while, like snapping turtles....

mhr