Old 07-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Jerry Geis

Default command for brand of monitor

Is there a linux command that would tell me what model of monitor is
presently attached to my computer?
Thought about automating different setups based on the monitor
connected. X config files basically.

Could be done with different kickstart files - but would like to not go
there if I dont have to.

Jerry

Old 07-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Brad Zynda

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-use-linux-ddcprobe-command/

--
Brad Zynda, NOC Technician, Team Cymru
http://www.cymru.com/ | +1 312 924 4051 | bradz@cymru.com

Old 07-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Jerry Geis

>/ Is there a linux command that would tell me what model of monitor is
/>/ presently attached to my computer?
/>/ Thought about automating different setups based on the monitor
/>/ connected. X config files basically.
/>/
/>/ Could be done with different kickstart files - but would like to not go

/>/ there if I dont have to.
/>/
/>/ Jerry

/>/ _______________________________________________
/>/ CentOS mailing list
/>/ CentOS at centos.org <http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos>
/http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-use-linux-ddcprobe-command/

yum did not find xresprobe, tried downoading source and compiling that
went no-where also.

I see the monitor type being printed when anaconda is installing.
How can I execute the same command it does so I can get the monitor
information?

Thanks,

jerry

Old 07-03-2008, 12:33 PM
"Jacques B."

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> wrote:

>> >/ Is there a linux command that would tell me what model of monitor is
>> />/ presently attached to my computer?
>> />/ Thought about automating different setups based on the monitor
>> />/ connected. X config files basically.
>> />/ />/ Could be done with different kickstart files - but would like to
>> not go
>> />/ there if I dont have to.
>> />/ />/ Jerry
>> />/ _______________________________________________
>> />/ CentOS mailing list
>> />/ CentOS at centos.org <http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos>
>> /http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-use-linux-ddcprobe-command/
>>

> yum did not find xresprobe, tried downoading source and compiling that went
> no-where also.
>
> I see the monitor type being printed when anaconda is installing.
> How can I execute the same command it does so I can get the monitor
> information?
>
> Thanks,
>
> jerry

Wouldn't kudzu do that? Can't test it as I'm not near a Linux machine
right now. -p will only probe and print to the screen (as you can
also use kudzu to configurehardware according to the man pages).

Jacques B.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:38 PM
MHR

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 5:33 AM, Jacques B. <jjrboucher@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't kudzu do that? Can't test it as I'm not near a Linux machine
> right now. -p will only probe and print to the screen (as you can
> also use kudzu to configurehardware according to the man pages).

I tried that (since I happen to be "near" a Linux PC :-) and it showed
me everything except the monitor.

mhr