Old 07-02-2008, 07:40 AM
"Sorin Srbu"

Default Floorsweepers (Was: Rebuild of kernel 2.6.9-67.0.20.EL failure)

Of
>Jim Perrin
>Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 11:02 PM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Floorsweepers (Was: Rebuild of kernel 2.6.9-67.0.20.EL
failure)

>On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ah, some internal joke with you CentOS dev-guys or something I take it?
>

>Indeed.
>Mostly, I do irc support when time permits, and am known to be
>irritable and short with my advice (hence the paradox in me calling
>for some forgiveness). A little more time within the centos community
>and you'll start picking up on who to pay attention to and where
>people's talents lie.

Yupp. Thx for not chewing me up right away. ;-)

Old 07-02-2008, 11:46 AM
"William L. Maltby"

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 09:40 +0200, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]

Ahem. I've always followed the philosophy that I can learn from
*everybody*. Sometimes it's what not to do, sometimes what to do.
Sometimes the knowledge is not even related to the apparent
"expertise" (e.g. a floor sweeper may have a valuable life lesson
unrelated to pushing a broom). So, pay attention to everyone, evaluate
and proceed appropriately is my MO.

> Yupp. Thx for not chewing me up right away. ;-)

I'm guessing that since KB has been so terse recently, JP feels
temporarily relieved of the burden of being the CentOS "grinch", or
curmudgeon if you prefer. ;-)

After all, someone has to fill that role. Otherwise the ignorant
unwashed masses might run amok on this list! :-)

--
Bill