Old 07-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Alfred von Campe

Default Configuring sendmail in a corporate environment

Thanks for all the quick responses. Enabling SMART_HOST as well as
masquerading did the trick. I also had to install the sendmail-cf
RPM, but everything appears to be working now.

Alfred

Old 07-01-2008, 02:40 PM
lingu

Hi.

* First of all check the connectivity from that server to the external domains like gmail,yahoo.com by doing telnet on port 25.if* u get connected then then ur firewall is not blocking any outgoing port 25 connection.

* Then you have to check one more parmeter.If your domain* on ur sendmail server is registered with the internet then only you can send a mail to any external domains.If you are not registered your ip wil get blacklisted in the spam database.

*Incase if your are registered if it is an direct mx then no need to set any relay server parameter in sendmail.Incase your MX is pointed to some third party then you have to tell the relay server ip in sendmail mc file.it wll be some thing like below

*
dnl define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp.your.provider')dnl

Replace smtp.your.provider with mx2.example.com,this is where your mx get pointed so that all of your outgoing mails will relayed via this server.

dnl define(`SMART_HOST', `mx2.example.com')dnl

Note: check the connectivity from that centos sendmail server to mx2.example.com first for port 25 connection.

Regards,
lingu