Old 07-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default EPIA-M board for Centos

Is there any problems using this board?

I have a dead board in a Book-PC (board size 10.5"x6") so am looking for
a new board.

Actually I want 2 LAN ports. 'Router' boards with enough umph to run
Centos are expensive.

I can pick up a VIA epia-m with 512Mb memory for $70 including shipping,
so this is rather attractive option. I do have a 100Mb low-height PCI
board that I can use.

Fitting the board and card into the Book-PC box will be a bit of DIY
engineering, but other than maybe loosing the front USB ports (big deal
in the case), looks manageable.

thanks for any experience/advise.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Karanbir Singh

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Is there any problems using this board?

I have a dead board in a Book-PC (board size 10.5"x6") so am looking for
a new board.

if you are going to use centos-5 make sure you get a cpu that works with
it ( there is no i586 support in centos-5 )