Old 07-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Alfred von Campe

Default Configuring sendmail in a corporate environment

I have a stock CentOS 5 system as far as email (sendmail) is
concerned that is on our corporate LAN. I am not trying to set up a
mail server; I merely want our CentOS systems to be able to send out
emails. This works as long as the recipient's domain is our local
domain. Any email send to recipients that are not in our local
domain get stuck in the queue:

# mailq
/var/spool/mqueue (2 requests)
-----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/
Recipient-----------

m61D6wC1029257 16 Tue Jul 1 09:06 <XXXX@XXXX.XXXX.com>
(Deferred: Connection timed out with
mx2.emailsrvr.com.)

<alfred@von-campe.com>

It appears that our firewall is not allowing connection to outside MX
hosts. I think I need to configure sendmail to forward emails to our
local smtp host, but I am not sure how to do that.

Alfred

Old 07-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Steve Huff