Old 06-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Tom Brown

Default 64 bit aware CPU

I dont think it is but would the following CPU be able to take a 64 bit
version of CentOS ?

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
stepping : 7
cpu MHz : 2401.247
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 3
siblings : 2
core id : 3
cpu cores : 1
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr

bogomips : 4799.31

thanks

Old 06-30-2008, 06:18 PM
"Victor Padro"

[...]

You should see this first:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64#History_of_Intel_64
then:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Xeon

also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Xeon#Xeon_.28DP.29_.26_Xeon_MP_.2864-bit.29

cheers.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Frank Cox

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:51:33 +0100
Tom Brown <tom@ng23.net> wrote:

> flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov
> pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr

If your CPU has 64-bit mode support the output will include the “lm” flag.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:26 PM
"Victor Padro"

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/proccpuinfo-flag-lm-358563/

Old 06-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Frank Cox

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:26:43 -0500
Victor Padro <vpadro@gmail.com> wrote:

>> If your CPU has 64-bit mode support the output will include the "lm" flag.

> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/proccpuinfo-flag-lm-358563/

Umm.. doesn't this web page merely repeat the answer that I already provided?
Or are you trying to point out some fine point here that I'm missing?

Old 06-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Tom Brown

flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr

If your CPU has 64-bit mode support the output will include the “lm” flag.

OK thanks all - it was a long shot

Old 06-30-2008, 07:09 PM
"Victor Padro"

flags * * * *: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr

* *

If your CPU has 64-bit mode support the output will include the "lm" flag.

*

OK thanks all - it was a long shot

Google point only...cheers.