Old 06-30-2008, 02:49 PM
tblader

Default where is ProxyHTMLURLMap for C5 ?

Hello,
I'm setting up a reverse proxy in Apache (httpd-2.2.3-11.el5_1.centos.3)

I have some pages being served which contain hard-coded names of machines
behind the proxy, which obviously do not resolve on the client side.

I found an Apache config item called ProxyHTMLURLMap* which supposedly
will allow me to re-write these hostnames, but can't seem to find the
apache module to install

Starting httpd: 'ProxyHTMLURLMap', perhaps misspelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration

Anyone know what the name of that rpm/module is for Centos 5?
Thanks!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala

Monday 30 June 2008 16:49:29 tblader napisaƂ(a):
> Hello,
> I'm setting up a reverse proxy in Apache (httpd-2.2.3-11.el5_1.centos.3)
>
> I have some pages being served which contain hard-coded names of machines
> behind the proxy, which obviously do not resolve on the client side.
>
> I found an Apache config item called ProxyHTMLURLMap* which supposedly
> will allow me to re-write these hostnames, but can't seem to find the
> apache module to install
>
> Starting httpd: 'ProxyHTMLURLMap', perhaps misspelled or defined
> by a module not included in the server configuration
>
> Anyone know what the name of that rpm/module is for Centos 5?
> Thanks!

You need mod_proxy_html, but unfortunately it's a third party module, and as
such is not included in apache distribution. Check
http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies for how to build that module
with existing apache instalation.

Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala
Systems Architecture Engineer