Old 06-30-2008, 12:02 PM
James Marcinek

Default kernel-smp for CentOS 5

Hello All,

I recently installed CentOS 5 and was trying to locate the kernel-smp packages but without success. Have these packages been removed from the distro or renamed? Does anyone know how many processors the default kernel will handle and if it's optimzed for it?

Thanks,

james

Old 06-30-2008, 12:07 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 5:02 AM, James Marcinek <jmarc1@jemconsult.biz> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I recently installed CentOS 5 and was trying to locate the kernel-smp packages but without success. Have these packages been removed from the distro or renamed? Does anyone know how many processors the default kernel will handle and if it's optimzed for it?

All CentOS-5 kernels are smp enabled. For "how many processors" etc,
please see:

http://www.centos.org/product.html

Akemi

Old 06-30-2008, 12:08 PM