Old 06-29-2008, 09:20 AM
AnneWilson

Default Copy of own messages

For some reason I'm no longer seeing copies of my own messages. I've checked
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos and the preferences setting
is still fine. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks

Anne

Old 06-29-2008, 09:46 AM
"Jacques B."

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 5:20 AM, AnneWilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com> wrote:
> For some reason I'm no longer seeing copies of my own messages. I've checked
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos and the preferences setting
> is still fine. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks
>
> Anne

I believe Google is responsible for that one. I never see my own
messages sent to a list (appear in my INBOX) until someone replies to
it. Until then it's only in SENT ITEMS.

Jacques B.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:36 PM
"Sorin Srbu"

Of
>AnneWilson
>Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 11:21 AM
>To: centos@centos.org
>Subject: [CentOS] Copy of own messages
>
>For some reason I'm no longer seeing copies of my own messages. I've checked
>http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos and the preferences setting
>is still fine. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks

I've noticed this too. My settings are fine as well. Maybe the the list-server
upgrade to CentOS 5.2 went berserk. ;-)

Old 06-29-2008, 12:37 PM
"Sorin Srbu"

I use Gmail too. What is it that Gmail does that might cause this behaviour??

Old 06-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Sorin Srbu wrote on Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:37:37 +0200:

> I use Gmail too. What is it that Gmail does that might cause this behaviour??

They probably skip duplicate message-ids. Some mail clients allow this to be
configurable, maybe there's an option at Gmail as well?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Old 06-29-2008, 01:31 PM
"Sorin Srbu"

No, not that I can see.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Johnny Hughes

For some reason I'm no longer seeing copies of my own messages. I've checked
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos and the preferences setting
is still fine. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks

I've noticed this too. My settings are fine as well. Maybe the the list-server
upgrade to CentOS 5.2 went berserk. ;-)

The list server runs centos-3 not centos-5

Old 06-29-2008, 02:09 PM
"Sorin Srbu"

It was worth a try I guess. ;-)

Old 07-01-2008, 06:13 PM
MHR

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 2:20 AM, AnneWilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com> wrote:
> For some reason I'm no longer seeing copies of my own messages. I've checked
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos and the preferences setting
> is still fine. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks

I noticed this a while back, and I never found a reason for it. It's
not just this list, it's any email list to which I belong.

I thought it might be a feature of the lists, or gmail, but I can't
find anything that explains it - the messages don't even show up in my
trash.

So, I learned not to qorry (or worry) about it. I see my name (ok,
initials) all over the place as it is....

mhr

Old 07-01-2008, 06:18 PM
"nate"

MHR wrote:

> I thought it might be a feature of the lists, or gmail, but I can't
> find anything that explains it - the messages don't even show up in my
> trash.

I do see all of my own posts, so perhaps it is a feature of gmail,
I've never used it so can't say for sure.

nate