Old 12-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Local repository via createrepo assumes apache?

I am looking at the howtos for using createrepo to make a local
repository. Like the one at:

http://jazzz1s.blogspot.com/2007/10/creating-local-yum-repository-centos.html

It seems that I need to run apache on the repository server. But I can
basically run with defaults?

All the howtos I have found address [base] and [update] but not others
like [add-on] should those be set up as well?

Old 12-03-2007, 09:55 PM
"Jeff Larsen"

> It seems that I need to run apache on the repository server. But I can
> basically run with defaults?

You can use any web server supported by the operating system that
hosts the files. As long as the web server software has read access to
the files. Believe it or not, my local CentOS repository is hosted on
Windows/IIS.

> All the howtos I have found address [base] and [update] but not others
> like [add-on] should those be set up as well?

It's up to you. If you think you'll need the packages that are in the
additional repositories, go for it. But I wouldn't bother. You can
still configure clients to use your local mirror for base/update and
public mirrors for anything else they might need.

Jeff