Old 06-28-2008, 01:48 PM
"David Hláčik"

Default gnome desktop XDMCP in domU

Hello,

i have CentOS on xen as domU, i have installed "yum groupinstall Gnome Desktop ... " . I want to access Gnome Desktoup through XDMCP protocol, but unfortunately X server will not start when there is no graphical output where to start.

How can i solve this problem?

And of course* i have edited gdm.conf and added to [XDMCP] Enable = True.

Thanks in advance!

David

Old 06-28-2008, 03:07 PM
"David Hláčik"

Hello,

i have Fedora 9 on xen as domU, i have installed "yum
groupinstall Gnome Desktop ... " . I want to access Gnome Desktoup
through XDMCP protocol, but unfortunately X server will not start when
there is no graphical output where to start.

How can i solve this problem?

And of course* i have edited gdm/custom.conf and added to [XDMCP] Enable = True.

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-28-2008, 08:30 PM
"Jonathan Underwood"

2008/6/28 David Hláčik <david@hlacik.eu>:
> Hello,
>
> i have Fedora 9 on xen as domU, i have installed "yum groupinstall Gnome
> Desktop ... " . I want to access Gnome Desktoup through XDMCP protocol, but
> unfortunately X server will not start when there is no graphical output
> where to start.
> How can i solve this problem?
>
> And of course i have edited gdm/custom.conf and added to [XDMCP] Enable =
> True.
>
> Thanks in advance!

XDMCP doesn't currently work with the GDM in F-9. I believe it does
with KDM, but haven't triedd myself.

HTH.