Old 06-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Default chkconfig update fails

My update to 5.2 fails on one machine because of this error:

Transaction Check Error:
file /etc/init.d from install of chkconfig-1.3.30.1-2 conflicts with
file from package AcronisAgentLinux-9.5.8076-1
file /etc/init.d from install of chkconfig-1.3.30.1-2 conflicts with
file from package TrueImageAgent-9.5.8076-1

Obviously, both packages created (completely unnecessarily) the
/etc/init.d symlink. I'm going to report this to them, but what's the best
course of action to continue now? There doesn't seem to be a "force"
option for yum? Install that single file via rpm with force?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Old 06-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Shade-GE

I had similar problems, the only way i found out quick and dirty was to
remove the acronis packages and install it again after yum finished.

Greetings

Shade

Old 06-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Johnny Hughes

Kai Schaetzl wrote:

My update to 5.2 fails on one machine because of this error:

Transaction Check Error:
file /etc/init.d from install of chkconfig-1.3.30.1-2 conflicts with
file from package AcronisAgentLinux-9.5.8076-1
file /etc/init.d from install of chkconfig-1.3.30.1-2 conflicts with
file from package TrueImageAgent-9.5.8076-1

Obviously, both packages created (completely unnecessarily) the
/etc/init.d symlink. I'm going to report this to them, but what's the best
course of action to continue now? There doesn't seem to be a "force"
option for yum? Install that single file via rpm with force?

rpm -Uvh --force <pkg_name>

Old 06-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Shade-GE wrote on Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:50:15 +0200:

> I had similar problems, the only way i found out quick and dirty was to
> remove the acronis packages and install it again after yum finished.

Doesn't the removal create dependency problems as it should try to remove
/etc/init.d? I forced the chkconfig update now with rpm and am doing the
remainder with yum now.

BTW, just for info: you do know that Acronis doesn't support restoring LVM
partitions, do you? They do not explicitely say this anywhere, but support
told me some time ago. Backing up LVM partitions with it is pretty useless
as all restore actions (including restoring single files if I remember
correctly) will fail.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Old 06-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Johnny Hughes wrote on Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:58:49 -0500:

> Install that single file via rpm with force?
>
> rpm -Uvh --force <pkg_name>

That's what I was asking ;-) have done so in the meantime after I had
confirmed that yum really doesn't have it.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany