Old 06-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Neil Cherry

Default Sendmail with Google Apps SMTP

AnneWilson wrote:
> On Sunday 29 June 2008 02:33:13 Neil Cherry wrote:
>> AnneWilson wrote:

>>> But the instructions on their website are quite clear. I set up my EeePC
>>> to use smtp through google while I was on holiday.
>> Using sendmail? What link was this?
>
> I use sendmail.postfix, simply setting KMail with the settings listed in
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78799. Doesn't that
> supply what you want?

Not for sendmail, things are a little more complicated. :-) It does
contain useful information. Thanks

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ncherry@linuxha.com
http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site

Old 06-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Chris Boyd

On Jun 28, 2008, at 1:58 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

complicated by google requirnig TLA authentication and SSL on a
nonstandard port for SMTP relaying.

Port 587 _is_ the standard port for mail submission to an MTA.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2476.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4409.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5068.txt