-   -   Open Source Video Codec and Container (alternative to Xvid) (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/114878-open-source-video-codec-container-alternative-xvid.html)

"Dennis McLeod" 06-27-2008 08:26 PM

Open Source Video Codec and Container (alternative to Xvid)

I use ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -I filename.ext -f flv -s qvga -qscale 5 filename.flv
I'm more interested in quality than size. (and fortunate my wife is, too %^O
)
We upload them to Amazon S3, and host them from there...
Chenge the qscale setting for quality/size 1 is best quality, 30 is lowest.
HTH,
Dennis