Old 06-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Tim Alberts

Default 5.1 to 5.2 upgrade - perfectly smoothe

I run 3 servers and I upgraded them from 5.1 to 5.2 this week without
even a single glitch. So now that I've been running CentOS for a couple
months, I wanted to take a minute to say...

Thank you to CentOS, everyone on the list for the occasional technical
support (and thanks to the upstream vendor).

Old 06-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Alain Terriault

the only problem I had was with ldap.
the fix is at http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/nss_ldap/5/x86_64/

without this update, I am not sure anyone can have a stable 5.2 on ldap

it all my problems with Mailscanner (email), perl and webmin

thanks,

Tim Alberts wrote:
I run 3 servers and I upgraded them from 5.1 to 5.2 this week without
even a single glitch. So now that I've been running CentOS for a couple
months, I wanted to take a minute to say...

Thank you to CentOS, everyone on the list for the occasional technical
support (and thanks to the upstream vendor).

believed to be clean.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:23 PM
"Michael A. Peters"

Alain Terriault wrote:

the only problem I had was with ldap.
the fix is at http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/nss_ldap/5/x86_64/

without this update, I am not sure anyone can have a stable 5.2 on ldap

it all my problems with Mailscanner (email), perl and webmin

thanks,

The only problems I encountered -

One third party app had to be rebuilt because of gecko-libs. That app
actually had a configure switch to not use gecko-libs, so I just
recompiled it that way so it won't be an issue again.

Madwifi needed a patch because RH backported a fix from a newer kernel
into the shipping kernel, so an if block in

madwifi-0.9.4/include/compat.h

had to be commented out for madwifi kmod to build.

Other than that - everything went extremely smooth on 3 different boxes.