-   -   send mail problem on ORACLE/LInux (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/114178-send-mail-problem-oracle-linux.html)

mcclnx mcc 06-26-2008 06:00 PM

send mail problem on ORACLE/LInux

I did NOT see anything wrong on /var/log/maillog.

*

--- 08/6/26 (星期四),nate <centos@linuxpowered.net> 寫道:

寄件者: nate <centos@linuxpowered.net>
主旨: Re: [CentOS] send mail problem on ORACLE/LInux
收件者: centos@centos.org
日期: 2008 6 26 星期四 下午 12:33

mcclnx mcc wrote:

> The problem is this send MAIL program always one time work and second time
> not work (loop). I don't think problem come from ORACLE bug or any
ORACLE
> relate problem. If I copy database and put on anyother server, it work
> correctly.
> Does anyone have suggestion?

Seems like your local SMTP server is not functioning properly, check
the mail logs.

nate

付費才容量無上限?Yahoo!奇摩電*信 2.0免費給*,信件永*不必刪! - 馬上體驗!___________________________________ ____________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org

"nate" 06-26-2008 06:37 PM

mcclnx mcc wrote:
> I did NOT see anything wrong on /var/log/maillog.

Can you telnet to localhost 25 and send a mail that way ?

e.g.
[aphro@portal:~]$ telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 portal.aphroland.org ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)
helo portal.aphroland.org
250 portal.aphroland.org
mail from: centos@linuxpowered.net
250 2.1.0 Ok
rcpt to: centos@linuxpowered.net
250 2.1.5 Ok
data
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
Subject: hello there
testing email

"nate" 06-26-2008 08:03 PM

send mail problem on ORACLE/LInux

[ re-sending as the original got munged I think one of the
SMTP servers in-route(maybe mine) saw the period and stopped
my mail there for some reason.. ]

mcclnx mcc wrote:
> I did NOT see anything wrong on /var/log/maillog.

Can you telnet to localhost 25 and send a mail that way ?

e.g.
[aphro@portal:~]$ telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 portal.aphroland.org ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)
helo portal.aphroland.org
250 portal.aphroland.org
mail from: centos@linuxpowered.net
250 2.1.0 Ok
rcpt to: centos@linuxpowered.net
250 2.1.5 Ok
data
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
testing email
(put a period here and hit enter)
250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as B5F52808041
quit
221 2.0.0 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.

And see if the email arrives at the destination. It seems like
the mail server is not working right as Oracle says it's returning a 421
error code(temporary failure).

And if the telnet works, try it a second, and a third time to see
if it's consistent or not.

nate

mcclnx mcc 06-26-2008 09:27 PM

send mail problem on ORACLE/LInux

UNIX mail on this server work correctly.* I also tried the way you suggest 3 times and it also work correctly.

*

--- 08/6/26 (星期四),nate <centos@linuxpowered.net> 寫道:

寄件者: nate <centos@linuxpowered.net>
主旨: Re: [CentOS] send mail problem on ORACLE/LInux
收件者: centos@centos.org
日期: 2008 6 26 星期四 下午 4:03

"nate" 06-26-2008 11:00 PM

mcclnx mcc wrote:
> UNIX mail on this server work correctly. I also tried the way you suggest
> 3 times and it also work correctly.

I guess the next question is how exactly is Oracle sending the
mail? I've run Oracle 10g on several RHEL systems, but when I did
email it was always using shell commands, never from inside Oracle
itself.

nate