Old 06-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Scott Silva

Default Force reinstallation of packages Was: Root-filesystem remounts as read-only during 5.2 upgrade (system completely shoot)

<<snip>>

All this leads me to the conclusion that there are only some selected
packages corrupt (and I don't want to reinstall the machine). Would
Installing/Repairing from DVD help?
If you have packages newer than what is on the dvd, I don't think they will
get replaced. You might get away with removing the packages from the rpm
database only and then re-install them, but yum probably wouldn't help you here.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and