Old 06-26-2008, 03:53 PM
mcclnx mcc

Default send mail problem on ORACLE/LInux

we have ORACLE 10.2.0.4 with CENTOS 4.4 on DELL server.* Recently we are test "UTL_SMTP" on ORACLE PL?SQL program and tried to send MAIL to customers.
*
The problem is this send MAIL program always one time work and second time not work (loop).* I don't think problem come from ORACLE bug or any ORACLE relate problem.* If I copy database and put on anyother server, it work correctly.
*
Does anyone have suggestion?
*
====== sample event happen* ===
*
Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options
SQL> @mailbody
*31* .
SQL> /
Declare
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29278: SMTP transient error: 421 Service not available
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 21
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 97
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 139
ORA-06512: at line 15

SQL> /
*
*
SQL> /
Declare
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29278: SMTP transient error: 421 Service not available
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 21
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 97
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 139
ORA-06512: at line 15
*

付費才容量無上限?Yahoo!奇摩電*信 2.0免費給*,信件永*不必刪! - 馬上體驗!___________________________________ ____________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org

Old 06-26-2008, 04:33 PM
"nate"

mcclnx mcc wrote:

> The problem is this send MAIL program always one time work and second time
> not work (loop). I don't think problem come from ORACLE bug or any ORACLE
> relate problem. If I copy database and put on anyother server, it work
> correctly.
>
> Does anyone have suggestion?

Seems like your local SMTP server is not functioning properly, check
the mail logs.

nate