Old 06-25-2008, 10:39 PM
"Spiro Harvey, Knossos Networks Ltd"

Default To upgrade or not

5.1 is not a different distro than 5.2. If you update 5.1 it becomes
5.2. You don't go out and say "update to 5.2", you just yum update, and
it becomes 5.2.
Think of it in Windows terms as Centos 5 sp1 (service pack 1) or Centos
5 sp2.

If you want to stay with 5.1 you no longer get updates.

are you speaking as an official representative of CentOS?

--
Spiro Harvey Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923 www.knossos.net.nz

Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Scott Silva

on 6-25-2008 3:39 PM Spiro Harvey, Knossos Networks Ltd spake the following:
5.1 is not a different distro than 5.2. If you update 5.1 it becomes
5.2. You don't go out and say "update to 5.2", you just yum update,
and it becomes 5.2.
Think of it in Windows terms as Centos 5 sp1 (service pack 1) or
Centos 5 sp2.

If you want to stay with 5.1 you no longer get updates.

are you speaking as an official representative of CentOS?

If you want something from an Offical CentOS rep, then read
http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=34
but it is a little dated since it only refers to Centos 3 and 4.

You know that the docs are the last thing that gets done! ;-P

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Old 06-26-2008, 12:15 AM