Old 06-25-2008, 06:57 PM
"Michael A. Peters"

Default What torrent are y'all using?

My ISP caps bt to ~ 20K/s - I'm seeing about half of that right now.
When 5.1 shipped, I saw the full 20K/s within a few minutes of starting
the client.

Sorin Srbu wrote:

I got mine down at 10-12Mbps at work, and nearly as fast at home. And that was
yesterday when supposedly everybody and their dogs were downloading 5.2. OTOH,
that might be why it went so fast... 8-)

Are you sure your ISP doesn't cap/stop/whatever p2p generally? If you are,
what kind of settings have you set in your bt-client? What bt-client are you
using? What bandwidth do you have access to?

In any case, I usually seed mine more or less indefinitely.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> My ISP caps bt to ~ 20K/s - I'm seeing about half of that right now.

I wouldn't call that ISP. I wouldn't even call that Service Provider. Or
even Provider.

But you definitely do not get internet.

Ralph