Old 06-25-2008, 04:37 PM
"Lanny Marcus"

Default SOLVED: Desktop: After yum update and power off, cannot boot new Kernel

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:29 AM, ne... <guhvies@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which configuration file do I edit, to make that change? TIA! Lanny*

/etc/grub.conf if you use grub.

/etc/lilo.conf if you use lilo.
Thanks and you are correct. I figured it out and fixed it permanently, before reading your reply. I'm a happy camper again! Since I'd modified it in the grub menu, when booting, and it then booted OK,* I knew that it had to do with grub.... So, I modified the /etc/grub.conf entry for the new kernel (added acpi=off at the end of the line for the new kernel) and then I shut down the box. After powering back on, it booted into the new kernel, without any problem.** :-)